Gold Standard Board Prep CDs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they worth $300?

I would use them when I commute back and forth 2-3 times/month between the city where I go to school and the one where my heart is :)

It's a 6 hour round trip, so it's a significant amount of study time to lose.

Anybody love them or hate them? (Step I in particular)

Members don't see this ad.

They're alright for some things and it certainly won't hurt during that down time. They are more like pimping sessions than teaching. It's just a guy or gal asking questions and giving answers. You learn some, but it more helps you cement down things that you already know if that makes any sense.

Check to see if your library has them like ours does so you don't have to shell out the $300.

I was also wondering the same thing. I recieved an ad in the mail for the gold standard set. If they are as good as they sound I think it would be worth it, but I am having a hard time finding people who have actually used them. I listened to the samples on line. They sound really good, but somewhat slow. That really isn't too much of a problem though if you listen to them on you computer and use a speed up program like Enounce. I like the format as it is exactly how I learn. I also value different forms of study because it keeps you on your toes and makes you use all different parts of your brain, but like I said I have never actaully used them and I do not know if it is a complete review. I am seriously trying to find a used set, but on ebay the used ones go for as much as new ones which shows how ignorant some of the people on ebay are. If I can't find a used one I have some friends that are considering buying one as a group and just rotating the different parts of the set around. I know this probably doesn't help much but good luck.