Golfing added to DAT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What are you most excited about in becoming a DDS/DMD

• Fridays at the Country Club

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Getting up in the middle of the night for some trauma surgery

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Owning your own business/not having a boss

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Working with patients/being a healthcare provider

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Making some sweet bank

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Beautifying peoples grills

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Making rappers' grillz

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • The procedures!!!!

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Saving humanity.........'s teeth

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dauber

Big Baby Jesus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It ain't, but it should be. What is everyone excited MOST about when becoming a dentist?

Members don't see this ad.

I need to learn how to play golf. Though I could just open up a bar and drink! And live my golf game at the 19th hole.

i hate golf, I hope I dont get sucked into having to play in the future with collegues

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to learn with some friends this summer, but sucked at it.

Don't really post much anymore, but Golf is definitely up there. If you don't know how to play, take some lessons. One of the best investments you can make (in regards to golf).

VOTE on my poll, you SDN minions... for I am bored!!

What about having the ability to spend time with family raise kids?

Golf is great, although I *sometimes* get a little too happy gilmore and angry at the clubs!

Other then that, 35 hour work weeks sound awful nice:)

What about having the ability to spend time with family raise kids?

pmantz, you got me. that was the one i'm missing.

i'd say it falls closest to the friday at the country club (with the kids). the last part is implied ;)

Golf is great, although I *sometimes* get a little too happy gilmore and angry at the clubs!

Other then that, 35 hour work weeks sound awful nice:)

I tried golf, but I suck at it b/c I've been playing hockey for 28 years. I can't "un-learn" my grip and swing.

I suppose there's always tennis at the country club....

:thumbup: to golf

:thumbup: :thumbup: to drunk golf

Members don't see this ad :)
The greatest thing: 32 hr weeks, working 4 out of 7 days in the week, like workin 7 months out of the year. Not only do you make good money, you have so much free time to enjoy it! Like so many other careers, making good money means working 50+ hrs a week, who has time to spend it??

pmantz, you got me. that was the one i'm missing.

i'd say it falls closest to the friday at the country club (with the kids). the last part is implied ;)

lol, don't get me wrong. I can't wait for the day I can have the time and actually money to golf.

I have a lot of potential and my long game is pretty good, it is just so frustrating to practicaly get there in 2, but end up 1 2 3 boogying the whole.

just an interesting side note.... i have a friend who is working on becoming a PGA member and one of the qualifications is to pass the PAT. PAT = Playing Ability Test

:thumbup: to golf

:thumbup: :thumbup: to drunk golf

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to drinking golf

...and the first thing you'll realize when you golf more than once is that everyone sucks. I just try to not hit any houses lining the course. I pull that off and I win.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to drinking golf

...and the first thing you'll realize when you golf more than once is that everyone sucks. I just try to not hit any houses lining the course. I pull that off and I win.

Another way to play is everyone start with a given number of balls. The person who loses the fewest balls is the winner. But this usually just ends up being a walk through the woods.... or a swim in the pond.

Another way to play is everyone start with a given number of balls. The person who loses the fewest balls is the winner. But this usually just ends up being a walk through the woods.... or a swim in the pond.

Beer = Swing oil

You will notice that like pool their is a quantity of swing oil which will actualy improve your game, but you must be careful too much oil will loosen up you too much and your game will turn to crap. The only solution is to this, is to increase concentrations of swing oil to help you forget how bad you suck.

Beer = Swing oil

You will notice that like pool their is a quantity of swing oil which will actualy improve your game, but you must be careful too much oil will loosen up you too much and your game will turn to crap. The only solution is to this, is to increase concentrations of swing oil to help you forget how bad you suck.

:laugh: extremely well said. the law of diminishing returns... though as yuo point out, there are two maximums on the graph- the first correllating to your greater golfing ability, and the second to your greater having a good time ability.

:laugh: extremely well said. the law of diminishing returns... though as yuo point out, there are two maximums on the graph- the first correllating to your greater golfing ability, and the second to your greater having a good time ability.

You officially brought the forum to a whole new level of nerdiness. Way to raise the bar, t man!

I wish I had time to play golf, I am moving in 4 weeks and have a manuscript to write. I have to fix all the crap in my house before the closing, I have to pack and take care of three children. I am bummed out because I have golfing buddies in S. Bend, but will have none in Milwaukee, but probaly won't get to get out more then once before I leave.

Whose going to marquette, likes to play golf and drink beer, and will be there this summer?

Look out, Dauber is flooding page one with pollllllz!

I dislike golf; If I get dragged into playing it with my buddies, I'll probably be the one recklessly driving the golf car off of bridges while completely inebriated. Yay for me.

not much of a fan, but it's better than squash, which is essentially handball with a racquet.

for those of you who say you don't like golf, why post?

Golf is a game of skill, a means to get out with your boys and relax. There is nothing like stepping out onto a fairway wet with dew, smelling a cigar and totaly shanking a ball(or making good contact, it really doesn't matter)

I totaly look forward to doing some more golfing when I can actualy afford it.
On a golf course is one of the few places you can have a beer before 9am and it is totaly acceptable.

At this point I still have too much fishing to do before take up golf. Some day though!