Goljan Audio vs. DIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAKAZA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm not sure but I think the DIT videos and Goljan audio are similar in length (roughly 40 hours or so total). So if you only had time to use one, which would be higher yield? I was thinking about using a step 1 study schedule similar to DIT but using Goljan audio instead of Jenkins videos.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Goljan audio is absolute gold. He sometimes goes off on tangents, but there is so much information packed in that makes it completely worth it!

I think Goljan audio is absolute gold. He sometimes goes off on tangents, but there is so much information packed in that makes it completely worth it!

But, wouldn't that mean that id be covering only pathology? Or do you mean that goljan also covers other subjects besides pathology- enough to do well on other sections?

I think Goljan audio + First Aid is an amazing foundation because even though it's "pathology" he also covers a fair bit of diagnosis and treatment, too. First Aid fills in most of the blanks.

Then you can start going through the qbanks to figure out where you're lacking and supplement with that. Everybody I think will need to supplement some other things depending on what they are really good at. I truly suck at biochem and micro, so I have had to do a lot of extra study for those subjects.

Anyway, this is just my opinion but I think Goljan audio + FA + practice questions is a winning combo.

Maybe listen to a couple of the lectures and see what you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
But, wouldn't that mean that id be covering only pathology? Or do you mean that goljan also covers other subjects besides pathology- enough to do well on other sections?

agree with kmed0, also... you would be surprised how much biochem (and other subjects) this guy integrates into his lectures, no wonder, he is all about mechanisms.

I have listened to some Goljan audio and absolutely love it. I know DIT covers different areas but I only have limited study time to spend on lectures (either Goljan or DIT...not both). I want to use as few resources as possible. Here's what I'm planning on using so far.

RR path/Goljan audio
First Aid
BRS phys
USMLErx and/or UW

DIT is gold. This is my second week now, and I m loving it. The good thing about DIT is that it covers all the subjects, not only pathology. By the time you finish it, you would have a firm understanding of first aid, and ready to rock n roll:rolleyes:

guys, are you talking about dit 2010 audio on torrents?

I was actually referring to the videos from the online course. I've looked into DIT a little more since my op. I guess there are actually 2 weeks worth of video lectures (vs. one week of Goljan lectures). I might try to incorporate goljan audio into a DIT course.

One thing stopping me from purchasing DIT currently is that 236 average that they advertise aggressively. I have a feeling that it's total bs and intentionally misleading. This is based on a recent, related thread on this forum.

I was actually referring to the videos from the online course. I've looked into DIT a little more since my op. I guess there are actually 2 weeks worth of video lectures (vs. one week of Goljan lectures). I might try to incorporate goljan audio into a DIT course.

One thing stopping me from purchasing DIT currently is that 236 average that they advertise aggressively. I have a feeling that it's total bs and intentionally misleading. This is based on a recent, related thread on this forum.

236 is bs. i got an email from one of the staff saying how they get the average. it's false advertising = they average the scores of those that got back to them. SDN average is >255 if that's the way to do stats.

i also looked into DIT and now know why they dont have a sample available online. the guy is just reading off his notes. the material may be worth going over if you dont like to read on your own. i learn better live, when the teacher's knowledge "diffuses down the gradient", so the course is useless if taken live. at least for me. and i dont think $850 is what i would pay for someone to read the stuff to me....

whatever it may be worth, i also looked at PASS program. i like the guy's style. he can talk/teach well. BUT... i am unsure if i would be gettin it... i only saw a very short clip, but what he was saying there was factually incorrect. he was talking about coagulative necrosis AND was giving brain as an example (cellular physiology lectures). he repeats it twice, so it's not like he misspoke it. because there were others who said that he makes mistakes occasionally, i guess it is certainly wise to NOT use the course first. he also wastes a lot of time interacting with his students. his style is very good for teaching live, but i guess it would be best after doing kaplan first. i also did not like that he wastes time on things like "nucleus is the most important cellular organelle"... duh... REALLY!!!!??? WOW!!!!!!!!!!! he asked 3 people in attendance about what the most important cellular organelle was... hell, a high school student would know it, but what actually bothers me is the conceptual approach... what is more important? the brain or the heart? so how is it that nucleus is more important than, say, the ER - try having a cell with no ER, no mitochondria... etc... i assume he is better with clinical part, though... i hope so at least.

i also listened to goljan. i liked him the best so far... just my 2 cents, though...

Last edited:
whatever it may be worth, i also looked at PASS program. i like the guy's style. he can talk/teach well. BUT... i am unsure if i would be gettin it... i only saw a very short clip, but what he was saying there was factually incorrect. he was talking about coagulative necrosis AND was giving brain as an example (cellular physiology lectures). he repeats it twice, so it's not like he misspoke it. because there were others who said that he makes mistakes occasionally, i guess it is certainly wise to NOT use the course first. he also wastes a lot of time interacting with his students. his style is very good for teaching live, but i guess it would be best after doing kaplan first. i also did not like that he wastes time on things like "nucleus is the most important cellular organelle"... duh... REALLY!!!!??? WOW!!!!!!!!!!! he asked 3 people in attendance about what the most important cellular organelle was... hell, a high school student would know it, but what actually bothers me is the conceptual approach... what is more important? the brain or the heart? so how is it that nucleus is more important than, say, the ER - try having a cell with no ER, no mitochondria... etc... i assume he is better with clinical part, though... i hope so at least.

i also listened to goljan. i liked him the best so far... just my 2 cents, though...

haha...I know exactly what you mean! but there are a lot of goodies in these lectures if you have plenty of time. in terms of test taking strategy, pass made the biggest difference in how I approach questions.