Goljan Audio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMD2929

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get just the Goljan audio? I don't want the notes or any of the other materials, just the CD, so that I can make long car trips somewhat productive. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

JMD2929 said:
Does anyone know where I can get just the Goljan audio? I don't want the notes or any of the other materials, just the CD, so that I can make long car trips somewhat productive. Thanks!

I just answered my own question, so I thought I'd share it with you guys if anyone is interested...

http://www.usmlestep.com/goljan.htm

Wow, that site looks to be totally on the up-and-up. I want to give them all my credit card numbers now.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMom said:
They're so up-and-up that they're making money by selling illegal copies of someone else's work. :rolleyes:

so i take it you are against MP3 sharing on the internet, eh? :cool: :smuggrin:

i wouldn't be surprised to find goljan's stuff on winmx or kazaa, lol. surely someone out there has put it out for distribution . . . (you know wouldn't be me, i never went to his class :thumbup: )

--your friendly neighborhood misses his oldschool napster caveman

Homunculus said:

Naw, I'm not necessarily against it. However, repackaging someone's material for personal profit via anonymous sale is a bit different than sharing of artistic works. Not to mention many artists are for free-sharing. Might be a fine line to dance though...

I don't know why, but ganking Kaplan's webprep and selling it for profit seems worse to me than sharing amateur recordings of live shows, or even of a large band's latest albums. You can certainly argue there is no true difference.

Regardless of your moral or ethic concerns, or lack thereof, I wouldn't trust a website doing obviously illegal business farther than i could throw their servers.

seriously, all 4400 songs on this computer are tooootallly legal. I promise.

Homunculus said:

i wouldn't be surprised to find goljan's stuff on winmx or kazaa, lol. surely someone out there has put it out for distribution . . . (you know wouldn't be me, i never went to his class :thumbup: )

--your friendly neighborhood misses his oldschool napster caveman

Hmm. While both are legal issues, I see a notable difference between sharing & making copies to sell.

BTW: someone from OSU-COM did put recordings up for distribution. B/c of said person, nobody from the school can tape his lectures anymore. :rolleyes:

Hey Doc mom, I don't get it if that site is selling his lectures and notes for profit, isn't that totally illegal? Why can't he just sue and get that site taken down or removed.

BtW, if you look on Ebay there are like a ton of people selling his notes and lectures as well.

I like the guy, his path review book is awsome and i got his lectures on cd from a friend and those rock the house as well.

I swear if i pass this test it is due to his path review and i'm sending him a case of wine for it.

Anyone selling the lectures or notes is breaking the law since they're all cover by copyright. He could sue, but that's a big pain in the @ss in and of itself.

My point was simply to point out that this is a website making money by selling someone else's work without permission. That's all.

Pox in a box said:
Is it true that there are "new" audio lectures from a 2004 series? One of my friends told me he had them but he won't share them with me.

Is there a newer mp3 version than the one from New York?

I took a closer look at that site I posted, and I think I was definitely a little quick on the draw with that one. It looks very shady to me, I would not trust them with my credit card info. Anyone know of any legal/reliable sources of Goljan's Audio?

i had a friend who bought stuff from that site (not the goljan stuff), and apparently it's legit. But, then again, I would probably not give them my credit card info. Apparently, they're not based in the U.S, and so, I think they can get away with some fo this shady stuff. I am sure kaplan knows about it somehow.

BTW, to the OP, you can't get it legally as someone said, but why would you pay for it, if u have to buy ILLEGAL copies? You can download it from www.coolgoose.com (i.e, if you do "believe" in sharing). Do a search for it--someone posted directions on how to search for them.

phillyfornia said:
thanks for the direction hiddentruth.

no prob--here are more precise instructions incase you were unable to find the thread.

1. www.coolgoose.com
2. Click on the icon "music" at the top of the page
3. Click on the link, "search" under the music tab at the top of the page
4. Under artist, type "goljan", it should come up.

You can download them from there--good luck!