Goljan's Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peeshee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
For those of you that took step 1 and passed, did you use Goljan's Pathology Notes or his high yield notes?? Did you read through all of them or how did you use these notes? It just seems like quite a lot, especially for pathology. With what other pathology books did you correlate his notes with?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am confused, are his path notes different from his high yield path notes??????

I have both his path notes as well as his HY's. I have decided to read the notes because they include not only path, but some biochem, micro, physio, pharm, and genetics. I have been informed by a few sources that his notes should cover about 80% of the entire exam. I will also use other sources such as first aid and Qbank, but I believe that Goljan is the "master" of the boards, so you can't go wrong by using his notes.

I have 2 sets of notes...One is specifically for integrated pathology, about 400 something pages...The other one has high yield for all subjects..
Have you used either one of these?

Members don't see this ad :)
The 400-pager is probably his Pathology textbook. The high-yield pages are something that he gives out @ his prep courses, I believe. They are both great resources, IMHO. Between BRS and Goljan, there should be nothing on the boards that is new.

Idiopathic, how are you planning on studying for Path? Are you going through goljan's notes (the entire set)? Or just his HY's?

Thanks for your responses....it seems like all Goljan's stuff is useful!