Good Alternatives to pharm tech?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jackal head

Registered Sex Offender
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i just realized i probably wont be able to become a pharm tech any time soon, will volunteering at a hospital be just as good? What other options do i have?
 
Volunteering isn't as good, since you don't actually do much of the work as your would as a tech. But, it still does look good on the application, none the less.

Shadowing is another good thing to have on your application.

Try a different pharmacy, or many different pharmacies until you are hired.
 
I got a position where they are going to train me to be a pharm tech and then I will work on a volunteer basis as a pharm tech. I think this situation would be pretty rare to find; how do you think think this would look to adcoms?