Good article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMm......... Stupid medical shows... I hate the fake setting... they don't show the intern getting paged out of sleep for the 34th time at 4 am with a complaint of a diarrhea on an inpatient because some dumb **** patient insisted that the physician be informed that the patient had a bout of diarrhea. (Actually happened to me a month ago, and the patient was actually someone who worked in the hospital?!)

The article is good though.

I can't help it, I'm a little irritated that the author of that article, who appears to claim to be a doctor, says that "interns aren't supposed to manage real cases." Excuse me? Perhaps he means that interns don't manage complex cases and emergencies unsupervised, but what he says only serves to poison the public against residents, and I don't know about you but I'm a little tired of hearing, "Am I going to see a real doctor?"

Interesting article though. Many of those misconceptions definitely deserved debunking.