good bookbag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJT

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am looking for a bookbag (I like the sling bags) that could hold a laptop and those HEAVY books :)...anyone have a bag that they LOVE? Thanks! t.

Members don't see this ad.

NJT said:
Hey all,
I am looking for a bookbag (I like the sling bags) that could hold a laptop and those HEAVY books :)...anyone have a bag that they LOVE? Thanks! t.

Hi there,
Get one of the bike messenger bags. Slings across your shoulder and stays secure; fits everything including notebook computer and bright yellow or orange so you can spot it a mile away. Get a motion alarm so that your stuff doesn't get pinched in the library.
njbmd :)

I love my timbuktu bag...i think they were originally designed for bike messengers or something. It was pretty expensive ($70), but it should last for a long time. I know they do have laptop versions too-I bought mine at a sporting goods store, but you can get them online.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get the Targus Matrix Notebook Backpack...I got one from Office Depot the other day and it rules

thanks all, i will probably make my final decision when i get to campus, since i do have my old backpack, and then decide what would be best (and how heavy my books are!); but the advice was just what I was looking for! :) t.

I'm only just now starting med school, so I don't really know how much stuff I'll be carrying, but I have a Land's End bag that I like a lot. It holds a laptop (has the built in cushion sleeve), and it is like a messenger bag. However, it also has built in shoulder straps, so you can carry it like a back-pack too. Very cool. Check out www.landsend.com. They have some others too, and they aren't too expensive. Look at the business outfitters section on the site to see other selections. I think that is where mine was listed.

jojo14 said:
I love my timbuktu bag...i think they were originally designed for bike messengers or something. It was pretty expensive ($70), but it should last for a long time. I know they do have laptop versions too-I bought mine at a sporting goods store, but you can get them online.

I second that...Timbuktu bags are awesome (I have 2 of them). They are waterproof and can withstand a lot of wear and tear. My bf is a cyclist and swears by their quality.

JanSport! I've had my bag for four years now. They will last for a long time. :thumbup:

Timbuk2 bags are totally the way to go. They last for YEARS!! and you can buy replacement parts and little accessory items if you need some place to put your phone, PDA, iPod, etc. OH, and since they are custom made (worth the price too) you get to pick whatever colors you want.

www.timbuk2.com

Go with Jack Spade. www.jackspade.com

The Greene Street line is reasonably affordable.

Timbuk2? Too gaudy. Come on, just that name even sounds ugly.