Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going into military medicine, and my patient population is pretty literate and on top of things. I feel like they might appreciate some kind of a reference book and/or primer when their child has a serious medical condition. Are there any books that you would recommend for parents whose children are diagnosed with common, serious Pediatric conditions? Particularly, what would you recommend for a layperson to read if their child has:
1) Leukemeia/Lymphoma
2) Aspergers/Autism
3) Congenital deafness
4) Down Sydrome
5) Mental ******ation in general
6) Asthma
I feel like the ideal book would be something like the pink panther book for diabetes, for those who are familiar with that, but stories of personal experiences and coping strategies from other parents would also be very helpful.
1) Leukemeia/Lymphoma
2) Aspergers/Autism
3) Congenital deafness
4) Down Sydrome
5) Mental ******ation in general
6) Asthma
I feel like the ideal book would be something like the pink panther book for diabetes, for those who are familiar with that, but stories of personal experiences and coping strategies from other parents would also be very helpful.