Good Books for intro to Pediatrics?

Started by FBurnaby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FBurnaby

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm only applying to medical schools this year, but I'm intent on entering pediatrics, work with kids, and I have a baby on the way. I like reading medical books and am hoping for your opinion of what the best book for a comprehensive introduction to general pediatrics that might be useful reading at this stage in my life. Thank you!
 
You could try any of the texts used by third-year med students during their core pediatrics clerkship. Popular sources include Nelson's Essentials of Pediatrics (a shortened version of the comprehensive Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics), Blueprint Pediatrics, and Case Files Pediatrics.
 
I would skip the textbooks and read more parenting books. Try baby 411, toddler 411, 1-2-3 Magic, and "food fights". As a pediatrician you'll be asked about development and behavior a lot, and this stuff will come in handy for your own child!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk