Good case study book with answers

Started by clarkbar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clarkbar

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school doesn't do a great job with case study report write-ups, the whole gauntlet: diagnosing, med review, research solutions, etc. Is there any good self-help book on case study cases and write-up examples and answers? Thank in advance.
 
This is really important to me. The only book I've seen is Dipiro's and it is not as advanced and has no explanations/answers. Is there a good self-teaching book out there?
 
The Koda-Kimble therapeutics book is presented in a case-study format, so that may be helpful I suppose
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but for PK there's a book called "intro to basic pharmacokinetics" (or something like that) by Winter that has really good pk cases with regards to many drugs you see in practice (ie. vanc, tacrolimus, phenytoin, et al.)
 
Thanks for the reply guys. I was meaning a case book, like working up a patient in an ambulatory or inpatient hospital setting, disease/pharmacology management, etc.
 
Just fyi , the online dipiro as well as uptodate both have example cases that you can work up (interactive) . Not a book but might serve as good supplements