Good DPT Orthopaedic Residency programs

Started by mac_kin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mac_kin

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Well canada has managed to kick me in the ass again. this time with their miserable job availability and **** pay (see my other thread). For those who want to know about our job situation go to the following website, it lists all the ORTHO jobs in our country http://www.orthodiv.org/


So my new plan is to find the highest paying job I can to pay off as much loan as I can and then split in 1 year.

I've emailed pretty much all the ortho residencies listed on the APTA and began the process to become registered in the US.

Can anyone provide any feedback on the ortho residencies. How did you find them? Are ones better than others? I'm sick of making mistakes.
 
Hey all,

Well canada has managed to kick me in the ass again. this time with their miserable job availability and **** pay (see my other thread). For those who want to know about our job situation go to the following website, it lists all the ORTHO jobs in our country http://www.orthodiv.org/


So my new plan is to find the highest paying job I can to pay off as much loan as I can and then split in 1 year.

I've emailed pretty much all the ortho residencies listed on the APTA and began the process to become registered in the US.

Can anyone provide any feedback on the ortho residencies. How did you find them? Are ones better than others? I'm sick of making mistakes.

The Ortho division website is avery poori indicator of the current job status in Ontario. You are definatley not looking in the right places. I'm only a 2nd year PT students and have had job offers at FCAMT owned clinics. Now, i'm not sure of the pay, but the key is networking. Get yourself out there and make people remember your name.

There are plenty of jobs, not all advertised. Sometimes cold calling is the way to go!
 
The Ortho division website is avery poori indicator of the current job status in Ontario. You are definatley not looking in the right places. I'm only a 2nd year PT students and have had job offers at FCAMT owned clinics. Now, i'm not sure of the pay, but the key is networking. Get yourself out there and make people remember your name.

There are plenty of jobs, not all advertised. Sometimes cold calling is the way to go!

I agree. I would look at the good practices up there, call them, find out who the main contact person is, and send your resume. Don't wait for them to post. No harm in taking initiative this way.

Good luck.