Good experience with Essayedge?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pswannabe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm planning to submit my essay to EssayEdge or a similar website, but I'm a little hesitant to do so given that some people on this forum have had bad experiences. Many have commented that getting a good editor is key, so...

Can anyone who's had a good experience please recommend a name of a good editor at EssayEdge (or similar site..)? You can PM me too...

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Give me $100 and I'll do it at a discount. :p

Seriously, though, it seems like a waste of money to me. Why not just send it to someone here? I'd be more than happy to read it over. With my stats and the number of compliments that I got, I know that my essays were good. That company might give you bad advice, since as an MD/PhD applicant your essay will have differences that they will see as bad form. ESPECIALLY if you have heard bad things...

Hi all

I'm planning to submit my essay to EssayEdge or a similar website, but I'm a little hesitant to do so given that some people on this forum have had bad experiences. Many have commented that getting a good editor is key, so...

Can anyone who's had a good experience please recommend a name of a good editor at EssayEdge (or similar site..)? You can PM me too...

Thanks in advance!

As GliaGirl said, it's such a waste of money! And your application essays are a somewhat important part of your application, but they aren't nearly as important as virtually any other aspect of your application. In my opinion, a bad essay might hurt you, but a good or great one will not add that much to your application.

And also, I wouldn't mind reading your essay either. I also received compliments on mine and had good success this past year

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all

I'm planning to submit my essay to EssayEdge or a similar website ...

Thanks in advance!

Good God that sounds pathetic. Save your $$, suck it up, and write it yourself.

A bad essay won't likely hurt you. Heck, it's possible no one will even read it. Maybe an awesome essay will turn someone's head and give you a second look, but I've NEVER EVER heard anyone say "wow, they had the best essay ever! We should totally let them in!!!"

do NOT give them a penny. what a trash company. my girlfriend used them to "edit" her essay last year. What they sent back to her was a COMPLETELY rewritten essay that was absolutely horrible.... so not only was the essay on the level of a 8th grader's writing, but it would simply have been plagiarism had she used it. They also would not give her her money back. They offered to have someone new reedit her essay. The second edit was still poorly done and was not a mere "edit." If you are even a remotely decent writer and have any ethics regarding what you plan to submit to med schools (again, you will NOT get an edit, they will write a NEW essay for you), stay away.

A bad essay won't likely hurt you. Heck, it's possible no one will even read it. Maybe an awesome essay will turn someone's head and give you a second look, but I've NEVER EVER heard anyone say "wow, they had the best essay ever! We should totally let them in!!!"

When I intervewed at the school I ended up attending, the adcom who reviewed my app pre-interview for the invite told me: "I wouldn't have interviewed you, but your essay was so unique I wanted to see if it was true."

The school I almost went to (since the first school took me late off the waitlist) told me at second look: "We had no idea you had a unique background. We don't read personal statements."

Shrug. In my case I think my personal statement helped me at a lot of schools, though certainly not all, and any benefits must be in combination with interview.

Last edited:
I used EssayEdge when I was applying to college and was realllllly disappointed with the result. I heard good things about Ivy Eyes Editing and just got my PS back from them and feel really pleased. They offer a free assessment if you're still on the fence....

Sean