Good GPR program for cosmetic dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wo5678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I live in a state that requires a GPR to practice. What is a good program for someone who wants to get alot of cosmestic dentistry experience? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

So you live in NY ;)

I've heard good things about Methodist, but that's only hearsay. Might be a good place to look into, though.

Coler-Goldwater GPR allows you to do tons of cosmetic procedures. Its located on Roosevelt Island. Its a small island in between Manhattan and Queens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Coler-Goldwater GPR allows you to do tons of cosmetic procedures. Its located on Roosevelt Island. Its a small island in between Manhattan and Queens.

I thought this was a hospital geared towards special needs patients??

So you live in NY ;)

I've heard good things about Methodist, but that's only hearsay. Might be a good place to look into, though.

I have friends at Methodist, and they dont have a good patient volume, and spend a lot of time sitting around because of no-shows, unfortunately :(

Staten Island is looking to match 6 unfilled positions for General Practice Dental Residency at Staten Island University Hospital.
PLEASE CONTACT: Dr Peter Glavas (Program Director) at 718 226 9877 [email protected].

WEBLINK to Hospital site:http://www.siuh.edu/Professional-Ed...ms-and-Fellowships/Residencies/Dentistry.aspx

Goals of the GPR PGY I program
The program is designed to expand the scope and depth of the graduates' knowledge and skills to enable them to provide comprehensive oral health care to a wide range of population groups.

1.Act as a primary care provider for individuals and groups of patients. This includes providing emergency and multidisciplinary, comprehensive oral health care; providing patient focused care that is coordinated by the general practitioner; directing health promotion and disease prevention activities, and using advanced dental treatment modalities.
2.Plan and provide multidisciplinary oral health care for a wide variety of patients, including patients with special needs.
3.Manage the delivery of oral health care by applying concepts of patient and practice management and quality improvement that are responsive to dynamic health care environment.
4.Function effectively within the hospital and other health care environments.
5.Function effectively within multidisciplinary health care teams.
6.Apply scientific principles to learning and oral health care. This includes using critical thinking, evidence or outcomes-based clinical decision-making, and technology-based information retrieval systems.
7.Utilize the values of professional ethics, lifelong learning, patient-centered care, adaptability, and acceptance of cultural diversity in professional practice.
8.Certify Residents in the clinical requirements needed for New York State licensure.