Good idea for a waitlister?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tejas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been an alternate at two school now since Dec. I recently heard of other alternates who, although they had not yet recieved official admission, went ahead and sent in their deposit money. I have recently been contemplating the idea of doing such a thing. Is this a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Why would you do that? Thats like giving them a thousand dollars or whatever for free.

I mean, I guess techincally they could cash that check because you didnt send it saying, Im sending this so you let me in.

Sounds like a dumb idea to me.

Tejas said:
I've been an alternate at two school now since Dec. I recently heard of other alternates who, although they had not yet recieved official admission, went ahead and sent in their deposit money. I have recently been contemplating the idea of doing such a thing. Is this a good idea?

Did it work for the people? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree thats a bit odd, don't do that b/c i don't think its going to increase your chances

Buckeye(OH) said:
Why would you do that? Thats like giving them a thousand dollars or whatever for free.

I mean, I guess techincally they could cash that check because you didnt send it saying, Im sending this so you let me in.

Sounds like a dumb idea to me.

I agree. I dont think anyone should do it. Unless you really dont care about possibly losing X amounts of dollars.

yeah...if youre going to try and potentially bribe your way into a med school..you might need more than a thousand or so bucks.. ;)

The individuals I know who did do this were at some point moved off the alternate list and given admission (who knows if it had anything to do with the $ they sent in). Obviously, I would send a letter letting them know my intentions, for legal reasons they would not be able to just cash the check and use it for any other reason than for the one I would be sending it for. Maybe it's dumb, I don't know. I'm not worried about the eventual outcome, I would just like to plan out my not too distant future sooner than later. It's really not that big of a deal. Thanks for the thoughts out there. Keep workin fans.

If you did the best you can, relax. Its not in your hands anymore.

Send them a picture of Chuck Norris in the crouching position about to administer a round house kick.

Tejas said:

I heard of a person in LECOM who did that and got accepted. I wouldn't risk it though.