Good idea or not?

Started by dsherida
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dsherida

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to SUNY upstate, but am wondering if that was a good idea because it is a state school and I am from OR. Should I maybe just bag it and apply to MSSM or something because I would like a school in NY on my list.
 
I don't think it was a bad idea. I applyed (I'm not a NY resident) and I was was interviewed this past March. I was rejected post interview, but it's still worth a chance. I think I wrote them a few letters saying that I was truly interested in the program (which I was). Anyhow, good luck! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!