good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spongiebob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all:

i'm currently taking calculus 2,physics 1 and organic 1, + 3 labs.
since all i have left to take before upper division courses is physics 2, organic 2, and biology 1 i was thinking about taking those 3 courses together + the corresponding labs + 1 elective next semester.(my scholarship requires me to take a minimum of 15 credits each semester) do u think that's a good idea or will it be too demanding? thanks ,god bless u all.

Members don't see this ad.

spongiebob said:
hi all:

since all i have left to take before upper division courses is physics 2, organic 2, and biology 1 i was thinking about taking those 3 courses together + the corresponding labs + 1 elective next semester.(my scholarship requires me to take a minimum of 15 credits each semester) do u think that's a good idea or will it be too demanding? thanks ,god bless u all.

That's not a bad load. You might as well see what you are made of now, before med school. Try: O-Chem II, Physics II, Animal Phys. Genetics, and Biochem all w/Labs except biochem--it wouldn't fit.

Why kill yourself...yes, as the other guy said see what you are made of before med school but please do not kill yourself before you start.

Members don't see this ad :)
spongiebob said:
hi all:

:thumbdown:

why do you want to do all of that hard work now, when you don't have to?

the only thing it will do is cause you to either have a lower GPA or you will burn yourself out before med school even starts

take some in summer school

Do not do that!!! I've seen this happen before one too many times!

As OSUdoc & robo77 said, you will either kill yourself, burn out, screw up, or even worse, do all of those.

Spread it out a bit more evenly.

OSUdoc08 said:
:thumbdown:

why do you want to do all of that hard work now, when you don't have to?

the only thing it will do is cause you to either have a lower GPA or you will burn yourself out before med school even starts

take some in summer school

I agree with this as well.

thank u all for your feedback