good intro to rad onc book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rdevnani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, i am an ms3 about to take an elective in radiation oncology. i am looking for suggestions on a good overview book or a book written at my level that i would be able to get through on a 1 month rotation that would give me a good jumpstart in this field. please let me know any suggestions you may have. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, both of you. i had trouble finding threads with the same subject, but thanks for pointing those two out to me, i really appreciate it.

Back in May of 2004,

Hey,

I'm going to start my rad onc rotations in July and August, and I have zero background so far. From what I gather, I need to go ahead and try to buy and read Coia's book. Should I get a cancer staging guide, and if so, which one? Should I get a CT Atlas now, or wait till if I match? Same question for the textbook - now or after matching?

I guess all this a drop in the bucket compared to med school so far, but the Step II tests are killing my budget (especially CS!), and I only want to buy now what I need.

Thanks for your advice,

Simul

Look how you've grown.

Geez.

After 5.5 years, I don't have Coia's book, I don't have a current staging guide, nor do I own a CT atlas. And I'm still flat broke.

-S

Geez.

After 5.5 years, I don't have Coia's book, I don't have a current staging guide, nor do I own a CT atlas. And I'm still flat broke.

-S

I wish I hadn't wasted the 50 bucks on my staging atlas a few years ago, considering they released the new one 7 months before I take the clinical writtens :mad: My CT/MR atlas has been sitting next to my now-outdated staging manual, gathering cobwebs.

At least I had the sense to avoid Coia's book --- that book is old.