Good keratometer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racheleye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can one obtain a decent keratometer that costs less than, say, 10K?

I used to have access to an Orbscan and Pentacam in residency... but now that I'm buying my own stuff...I want to find a good deal!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Where can one obtain a decent keratometer that costs less than, say, 10K?

I used to have access to an Orbscan and Pentacam in residency... but now that I'm buying my own stuff...I want to find a good deal!

Thank you!

You mean a video keratography unit, right? One with a computer and software to at least give you front-surface curvatures? A simple keratometer (i.e. AO, Haag-Streit, is going to have to be bought used.)

Yeah, a Pentacam is nice, and priced accordingly. I think there is only one other company now (name escapes me) that has a similar Scheimpflug system.

You might look at Opto Global, a European company that manufactures in Poland but markets globally. I have seen some of their things at the meetings, and they seem to have devices that are both up-to-date and competitively-priced.

Otherwise, AAO is coming up next month, and most equipment companies will be exhibiting with the usual promotional pricing. I suggest you contact them all: Oculus, Topcon, Marco, Zeiss, Tomey, Opto-Global and get an idea of what you can expect from them.

Best . . .