Technology Good laptop backpack..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dinesh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend the Targus brand! They are of great quality and cheap too! Check out Taget, Office Depot, Office Max, and etc. I got mine for $20.00 at Target.

I have a Victorinox backpack for my laptop. Its not overly huge, but has plenty of pockets and holds what i need it to hold. The shoulder straps were the best compared to other bags i looked at (very squishy). But mainly, i enjoy saying that i have a swiss army school-bag.

Swiss Army

Can recc any particular ones?
That swiss army one is a bit expensive, I want to keep the price lower.

dinesh said:
Can recc any particular ones?
That swiss army one is a bit expensive, I want to keep the price lower.

oops, i guess i didn't see your price range. Actually, i got a deal through my school so the backpack was much cheaper than 80 dollars. I probably wouldn't spend that much either.

oh
BUt that one I posted doesn't look too bad..does it?

bumpa bumpa?
Trying to get one of amazon and send to a friend to bring into the country for me asap.

Any more suggestions ?:(

dinesh said:
oh
BUt that one I posted doesn't look too bad..does it?

the one you are looking at does look good. The customer review for it mentioned that the laptop pocket keeps it off the ground by a couple inches which is really nice. also, it has fleece lined pockets....fancy. although i do order things straight off the internet, i would like to see the bag before i went ahead and bought it.

i noticed that your location says trinidad. on the amazon page, it says that it will only ship to US states, so i don't know if that would be a problem.

Usually I use something called a skybox, which is nothing more than a P.O.Box in miami with a residential address. I send it there, they ship it down and I pay a nominal fee.

This time around, I have a friend coming back for christmas from MIT , so he's playing mule for me.

What's the fleece lined advantage?:S

hmm
Iwant to order this tonight if it's anything...!

calvinandhobbes said:
try the northface recon. it's excellent, and can be had for around 45-60 at northface outlets ( i got mine for 45)

good luck!

I <3 my recon...

It barely fits my 15.4in laptop, so if you have a 17' you're SOL...

personally, i find laptop backpacks really dorky... they're usually huge, with an amorphous shape, and rather unattractive... i carry mine in a (thin) foam sleeve (came with the computer, but can be bought in stores too), then put the whole thing in whatever bag i'm wearing that day. as long as you're not throwing your bag across the room or kicking it in frustration (which you shouldn't do even with a dedicated laptop bag), it's protective enough. that might be an option to consider. if you're really keen on a laptop bag, then i'd suggest Jack Spade. i have several of his pieces, and it's always very functional, but still looks good.

fielight said:
personally, i find laptop backpacks really dorky... they're usually huge, with an amorphous shape, and rather unattractive... i carry mine in a (thin) foam sleeve (came with the computer, but can be bought in stores too), then put the whole thing in whatever bag i'm wearing that day. as long as you're not throwing your bag across the room or kicking it in frustration (which you shouldn't do even with a dedicated laptop bag), it's protective enough. that might be an option to consider. if you're really keen on a laptop bag, then i'd suggest Jack Spade. i have several of his pieces, and it's always very functional, but still looks good.

i do the same thing. :)

Take a look at these laptop bags. They are more designed for Apple Powerbooks and iBooks, but I'm sure they don't discriminate against the Windoze users. ;)

www.booqbags.com -- Despite their odd name, they have some of the best laptop bags I've ever seen. Very nice, with built-in iPod holders. They have custom bags available for the 12" iBook/Powerbook.

www.brenthaven.com -- The Fusion bags are really good. This is what I carry my 12" Powerbook in. (They also have custom bags for the smaller laptops.)

As I said earlier, I'm sure you can use them with non-Apple laptops. Might not fit as securely since the laptop pouches are usually cut for the Apple laptop sizes.