Good luck, DPT class of 2016!!!

Started by okramango
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

okramango

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After going through the entire application experience together over the last year, a lot of us are now finally starting our programs (and many of us started over the summer, too). Just wanted to say good luck to you all!

How's school going for you all so far? I started two weeks ago, and it already feels like it's been a year! The amount of information flying at us is really astounding, and it's definitely been a challenge to figure out how to prioritize studying. I'm finding that I have to use really different study methods than I have in the past. Because there just isn't enough time to go over material again and again, information has to be assimilated a lot faster. It's been a bit of a rough start, but I'm sure I'll find the flow! :idea:

How's school been going for the rest of you first-year folks?
 
I started three weeks ago. Yup the material sure is dense and I'm so tired everyday! But I think the happiness from getting in, is actually my motivation to keep me going. All the 2nd years say the 1st year and the 1st semester is the easiest so it makes me a bit intimidated. We'll see how this semester goes. Already had a midterm in this short amount of time.
 
Im entering my 2nd week and all I can say is one of my greatest investments was a laser printer. No surprise that the forest is shrinking with the amount of documents I have had to print off. We also started cadavers the second day in anatomy.

Since I entered halfway into a 3/3 program in a more "rural" area its been a bit of an adjustment, but I feel really well prepared. So far pumped to be back in school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm getting close to my first month at TWU-Houston and the amount of time I spend studying is INSANE. There's too much information to process but very little time!
 
I think most of us are too busy to comment on this thread! :laugh:

DocKay: I'm at TWU Dallas and I know exactly what you mean!!! I knew PT school would be intense but I really had no idea it would be THIS intense! The amount of material we have to absorb so quickly truly feels impossible most of the time, but I just have faith that other people do it, and I can too. We just had our first big anatomy exam/practical, and I did pretty well on it, so I'm feeling positive 😀
 
Hang in there, I am finding out that the 2nd year is a bit less intense. But may be it's because we've gotten used to the pace...
 
My school started in May, so we are in our 2nd semester now. 2nd semester seems like it's been more work.. honestly not enough time in the day to do all the required readings. It's been interesting finding the balance of it all.
 
Hang in there, I am finding out that the 2nd year is a bit less intense. But may be it's because we've gotten used to the pace...

I agree. But it still sucks and we're just as busy. The 3rd years are all smiles.
 
First year's almost done! Just have to get through finals this next week.
Things definitely got better as I got more used to the pace. Looking forward to my first clinical this fall!