Good Luck! - Finals Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeguy4life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to wish everyone good luck during finals week! Hope everyone had a great semester.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, good luck to you. WesternU is great cause we have asynchronous classes, so we rarely have more than 2 finals within one week. Classes begin and end all across the semester with different durations.

Thanks, good luck to you. WesternU is great cause we have asynchronous classes, so we rarely have more than 2 finals within one week. Classes begin and end all across the semester with different durations.

We have 5 in one week

Same here. Had 2 today. 3 more to go. Finished other courses last week.

still better than what we have. This week had 1 final and multiple presentations, next week 5 more exams. We finish on 21st when our dental classmates finish this week and medical students. Just be glad you are not at UAB. Do you get summer off in first year? We don't.

still better than what we have. This week had 1 final and multiple presentations, next week 5 more exams. We finish on 21st when our dental classmates finish this week and medical students. Just be glad you are not at UAB. Do you get summer off in first year? We don't.

Last week had 2 quizzes, 3 presentations and 3 essays due. 3 exams the week prior and an essay. 5 finals this week. It's been a rough few weeks. We don't have summer break for the first two years.

Last week had 2 quizzes, 3 presentations and 3 essays due. 3 exams the week prior and an essay. 5 finals this week. It's been a rough few weeks. We don't have summer break for the first two years.

how many classes do you have this semester? what are they called? what percentage is pass?

how many classes do you have this semester? what are they called? what percentage is pass?

I had 11 course sections this semester, not including clinic time; splitting up lab and lecture portions of courses since they are graded separately and had their own tests/papers/presentations as a final (Ex: I had separate final exams for anatomy lecture and lab today. I have a final exam for public health lecture Thursday, but had a paper and presentation for its lab component last week, etc).

Of those sections, 3 of them are pass/fail which are: service learning, clinical seminars and a school screening elective. The main courses which are percentage grades are: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab, Geometrical & Physical Optics - Lecture/lab (lab is its own grade, but no separate final/project), Clinical Optometry I - Lecture, Clinical Optometry I - Lab, Public Health - Lecture, Public Health - Lab, and Learning, Research Ind Study Lab

I had 11 course sections this semester, not including clinic time; splitting up lab and lecture portions of courses since they are graded separately and had their own tests/papers/presentations as a final (Ex: I had separate final exams for anatomy lecture and lab today. I have a final exam for public health lecture Thursday, but had a paper and presentation for its lab component last week, etc).

Of those sections, 3 of them are pass/fail which are: service learning, clinical seminars and a school screening elective. The main courses which are percentage grades are: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab, Geometrical & Physical Optics - Lecture/lab (lab is its own grade, but no separate final/project), Clinical Optometry I - Lecture, Clinical Optometry I - Lab, Public Health - Lecture, Public Health - Lab, and Learning, Research Ind Study Lab

I am sorry but that is not too much. Where is basic sciences material? where is microbiology?pharmacology? genetics? pathology? histology? We take the same courses as medical students taught by same instructors plus all the optometry courses you mentioned. All that in first semester.

I am sorry but that is not too much. Where is basic sciences material? where is microbiology?pharmacology? genetics? pathology? histology? We take the same courses as medical students taught by same instructors plus all the optometry courses you mentioned. All that in first semester.

Ahhh......misery poker. I remember it well.

"My burden's bigger than yours. Look, really, it is!" :rolleyes:

Haha. Yeah, it wasn't too bad this semester. We have biochem and all that fun stuff in upcoming semesters.

I know noone's complaining but: Nike's motto isn't just for sports. ;)

Nothing like taking that final exam this semester.:woot:

Done-with-final-exams-five! :highfive: