Good luck my fellow brethren!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_sonwin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the first round of PCAT exams....Good luck to whoever is taking it here! And tell us how it goes, please!
tumblr_m37gmxByRH1r9rjs4.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
how hard was the verbal section from todays PCAT??? were your scores similar to the pearson pcat scores for verbal?

how hard was the verbal section from todays PCAT??? were your scores similar to the pearson pcat scores for verbal?

I thought it wasn't that bad because a lot of them I have already seen on Dr. Collins and I only had difficulty finding the connection between words with a few of the analogies.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG THAT WAS TOUGH.. I thought that the bio and chem were a breeze but man oh man that quant and reading sucked. Before I got my score I was thinking I was going to get a 50 on quant and a 20 on reading.

I WAS WRONG!! :soexcited:

Verbal: 68
Bio: 92
Chem: 93
Reading: 68
Quant: 82
Composite: 89!!!!!

:clap:

Skimming through this thread before typing this out made me feel a little bit bad because you all got in the 90s lol.. but I'm happy with this 89!! :biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
The verbal is a hit or miss. Some ppl say Dr collins helped cause they saw words that appeared on review material, but for me I felt like it was another language lol.

Hi all! The PCAT was not as bad as I'd been anticipating. Seriously, I'd been having nightmares and losing outrageous amounts of sleep over it. But it all turned out A-OK!

VA 409 63
BIO 447 97
Reading 398 47 (pretty tough for me)
QA 95
Chem 526 99
Composite 99

So it's pretty obvious that I devoted a lot of my time to studying for bio, chem, and quant. I just didn't want to kill myself over trying to learn vocabulary that more than likely wouldn't be on the test. To be honest, I'm surprised I even got a 47 in reading because it seemed really tough to me. Actually, I felt pretty discouraged going into QA because of it, but I ended up pulling myself together. My chem score really yanked up my composite (i love chemistry).

Anyway, I would highly recommend Dr. Collins for QA, Bio, and Chem. I also used Kaplan mostly for BIO! It's very thorough, but it's worth it to go through all the information. Plus you get 2 full length practice tests with the Kaplan book. Bought the 3 pearson practice tests as well! All were very helpful. I'll actually be selling my materials if anyone is interested!

Best of luck to everyone!!

Hi all! The PCAT was not as bad as I'd been anticipating. Seriously, I'd been having nightmares and losing outrageous amounts of sleep over it. But it all turned out A-OK!

VA 409 63
BIO 447 97
QA 95
Chem 526 99
Composite 99

So it's pretty obvious that I devoted a lot of my time to studying for bio, chem, and quant. I just didn't want to kill myself over trying to learn vocabulary that more than likely wouldn't be on the test. To be honest, I'm surprised I even got a 47 in reading because it seemed really tough to me. Actually, I felt pretty discouraged going into QA because of it, but I ended up pulling myself together. My chem score really yanked up my composite (i love chemistry).

Anyway, I would highly recommend Dr. Collins for QA, Bio, and Chem. I also used Kaplan mostly for BIO! It's very thorough, but it's worth it to go through all the information. Plus you get 2 full length practice tests with the Kaplan book. Bought the 3 pearson practice tests as well! All were very helpful. I'll actually be selling my materials if anyone is interested!

THAT IS AMAZING! Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, what were your scores on the practice tests. Was your final result close to them?

Does anyone know how hard pharmacy schools look at verbal? My 38 is bad, but I was hoping I don't have to retake considering the rest of my scores are good

Does anyone know how hard pharmacy schools look at verbal? My 38 is bad, but I was hoping I don't have to retake considering the rest of my scores are good
From what I have read on here numerous times, they don't look at it very much. Your composite and science subtests are still very good and competitive :) I would not worry about it too much. Don't stress! You did great!

VA 409 63
BIO 447 97
QA 95
Chem 526 99
Composite 99

WOW! that's a really high Chem score! I have never seen something so high! You must have gotten almost all the questions right!

Not sure where to kind of post this, but my exam is September 4th and I am just getting super nervous. I am using Kaplan and Dr Collins, as well as making flashcards. Haven't taken any practice tests, just really studying to get the material down. Any suggestions to calm my nerves and make me feel more confident?

Not sure where to kind of post this, but my exam is September 4th and I am just getting super nervous. I am using Kaplan and Dr Collins, as well as making flashcards. Haven't taken any practice tests, just really studying to get the material down. Any suggestions to calm my nerves and make me feel more confident?
Think about the test like this: it's not the end of the world if you don't make the score you want. This is not a test that controls your future entirely. You have plenty of time to study and learn the material for the exam. The more you study, the more confident you will be, because you will be prepared. So don't worry, just study. Do your best, that's the best you can do.

Think about the test like this: it's not the end of the world if you don't make the score you want. This is not a test that controls your future entirely. You have plenty of time to study and learn the material for the exam. The more you study, the more confident you will be, because you will be prepared. So don't worry, just study. Do your best, that's the best you can do.

Thank you, it just nice to have reassurance and have that extra push for confidence. I just want to be one of those people who walk out of the exam with the sheet and did awesome on the exam or in a case that they feel like the didn't do well , but then gets a kick butt score. :p

Verbal 409 63
Biology 425 84
Reading 403 56 (I'm illiterate)
Quant 407 61 (I found Quantitative to be really hard, although in the practice test it was almost my highest strenght. Didn't find much calc stuff here)
Chemistry 463 99
Composite 421 87

Just took finished it 15 minutes ago.
I thought Quantitative was super hard! it could also be that it's the last topic and my brain is just not as fresh.
Wish I did better in Quantitative, but I was running out of time.

Verbal 409 63
Biology 425 84
Reading 403 56 (I'm illiterate)
Quant 407 61 (I found Quantitative to be really hard, although in the practice test it was almost my highest strenght. Didn't find much calc stuff here)
Chemistry 463 99
Composite 421 87

Just took finished it 15 minutes ago.
I thought Quantitative was super hard! it could also be that it's the last topic and my brain is just not as fresh.
Wish I did better in Quantitative, but I was running out of time.
You and I must have taken the same quant test. It was brutal for me. I was consistently scoring highest on quant in practice tests, but with the real thing I struggled big time. There were a lot of tedious questions -- not difficult -- just tedious and took a ton of time (finding the mean, mode, median for a set of 10 numbers that range from 85 to 128 takes more than 1 minute, ok?)

Either way, congrats on an awesome score!! :clap:

I thought the Bio section on my test was complete carnage. I've never seen so many anatomy based questions in any of the bio tests i've taken. 50% gen bio my ass...

I took the pcat last yr, this is my 2nd time with 87%
And i remember the bio questions were the exact same from last years

So I am not the greatest test taker, nor am I very good at english crap (I blame this for not reading a lot of books) But i want to stir the pot a bit. With all these 90%, 80%, and 70% scores i feel ashamed of my composite. Here are my scores:

SS PR
Verbal ability 385 22
Biology 411 63
RC 379 17
QA 426 88
Chemistry 434 91
Composite: 407 61 overall

Just an opinion question, I know this isn't a super competitive score, but do you think i'll still manage to get into pharmacy school with a 3.2 gpa?

So I am not the greatest test taker, nor am I very good at english crap (I blame this for not reading a lot of books) But i want to stir the pot a bit. With all these 90%, 80%, and 70% scores i feel ashamed of my composite. Here are my scores:

SS PR
Verbal ability 385 22
Biology 411 63
RC 379 17
QA 426 88
Chemistry 434 91
Composite: 407 61 overall

Just an opinion question, I know this isn't a super competitive score, but do you think i'll still manage to get into pharmacy school with a 3.2 gpa?
You will need something else to make you stand out. Your gpa is ok, your pcat is on the low-end. If you have a great interpersonal skills, have leadership experience, volunteer a lot, have a triumph over a personal struggle, or something else significantly awesome, then anything is possible.

THAT IS AMAZING! Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, what were your scores on the practice tests. Was your final result close to them?

My scores on the practice tests were 78-98 on the first and 80-99 on the last two. They were very helpful!