Good luck tomorrow :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armywife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to wish everyone luck :luck: tomorrow for the Match!!!

I've just been trying to keep myself busy and my mind off of it. :scared: First, it was deciding to do a residency or not, then after my interviews, there were a few places that I really loved, and I know they expressed an interest in me (or at least I've heard so from inside sources that were encouraging me to put them as my number 1)... so deciding which residency to rank was difficult too. I just hope everything goes well. Thanks for listening to me rant, it does help to vent a bit :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! Best of luck to you too! But don't worry... things always end up working out in the end, match or no. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know around what time we should be getting an email? AM? Afternoon? PM?

Does anyone know around what time we should be getting an email? AM? Afternoon? PM?

Last year I got mine around 7:45 AM EST. Everyone I talked to got them about the same time. Hopefully my email bears good news this year!

Last year I got mine around 7:45 AM EST. Everyone I talked to got them about the same time. Hopefully my email bears good news this year!

Last year, was the official results announcement time 9.00 am or 12.00 pm?? If it was 12.00 then we would get them hopefully about 4 hours earlier! This makes me even more nervous! God!

AHHHHAAHAHAHAH!!!! The suspense is killing me!:eek:

No match for me! :thumbdown:

Good luck to everyone else! :luck:

No match for me too. Do you know how to access the scramble list??

So far only 1 match (between the 2 threads)? That's really scary.

I just matched to my number one choice. I am excited! Good luck everyone!

Wife just got the email! She matched at her #2 position!!!

I matched--#3 choice!!! :D OMG, I'm so excited!!!! I cannot believe it!!!! :soexcited:

I matched--#3 choice!!! :D OMG, I'm so excited!!!! I cannot believe it!!!! :soexcited:

Let's see if you are still this excited after some 16+ hr days during residency. ;) But congrats guys. Another step forward in life. :thumbup:

Let's see if you are still this excited after some 16+ hr days during residency. ;) But congrats guys. Another step forward in life. :thumbup:
Now, now. I rarely did more than 10 hours including working on projects at home.

Great news, everyone!

Now, now. I rarely did more than 10 hours including working on projects at home.

Great news, everyone!

Since I'll have a six week old baby when I start residency, I concentrated on programs that had better QOL. I ended up with one that is fixed 9AM - 6PM three days a week and 8 to 5 ish the other two days. No weekend staffing. Some evenings there will be Grand Rounds and teaching responsibilities. But very good hours and relaxed environment. My husband would murder me if I worked 16 hours/day and a bunch of weekends. After what we've been through I value my time with him and plan to prioritize time with our new baby boy as much as possible!

I know my residency will be grueling. 12 days on and 2 days off, but it's a great program that prepares excellent practitioners. I'll just have to work really hard for one year - at least that is what I keep saying to myself.

I know my residency will be grueling. 12 days on and 2 days off, but it's a great program that prepares excellent practitioners. I'll just have to work really hard for one year - at least that is what I keep saying to myself.

We have residencies like that here. Just not an option for me. Too old!! :p