Good Luck

Started by Neuro321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck, everyone. Also thanks to all who contributed to the various threads and offered help, advice, and insight. March 21st!
 
First choice! 🙂

Out of curiosity, how many folks matched their #1? What about #2? Top five?

I ask mainly to discover whether this year's match was more competitive for neurology than has been the case in years past.
 
I got my number one. Nobody matching into neuro at my school dropped below their top 3.
 
Guy at my school did. I got my #2--outstanding program, top 20, and I've got avg stats. There's match stats up on nrmp.org.

Looks like more americans wanted to go neuro this year, but only around 50% of the spots went to them. I'm assuming the other ones went into IM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scored my #1... Congrats to everyone here 🙂. It seemed to be quite a competitive year for a lot of specialties.