Good M&M/Grand Rounds topics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artorious22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone does M&M in their programs? I'm wondering what you guys have chosen in the past for a good M&M topic in Psych? I was thinking of something along the lines of dealing with patient altercations that require pharmacological restraints in the inpatient unit? However, I'm at a loss to choose a topic that will be interesting yet relevant for the residents.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

umm you don't choose M&M topics - it is supposed to be a review of cases where things have gone terribly wrong. In psychiatry that is typically patient suicide, but could also include homicide committed by patient, fall on inpt unit where pt sustains subdural bleed that goes unnoticed, patient keeps complaining of physical symptoms which are ignored or dismissed as "somaticizing" [sic] resulting in pt death, sexual assault of patient on inpatient unit etc. so i am at a loss of how you are going to choose a topic unless you intend to recklessly practice medicine...

lawlz!