Good opportunity for you NYC premed folks.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys a friend of mine runs a volunteer tutoring program actively recruiting right now. looks like it's only about an hour- hour and a half each weeks, seems like a good thing to do and good thing to have on the ole resume...

www.phippsny.org/tutors.html

"Starting in late January, volunteers will come to one of our West Farms community centers to tutor adults or youth in middle/high school homework help, ESL, or pre-GED. We will have scheduled sessions once a week for about 1 1/2 hours, and you can sign up for as many sessions as you'd like. There will be session times scheduled during the weekdays, and also on Wed. evenings and Saturdays.There are many reasons to serve with the Phipps Volunteer Tutoring Project:

1) It's a GREAT WAY TO GIVE BACK this New Year! The youth and adults in Phipps programs are working hard to accomplish their goals, and voluteers will have a great impact on students' lives.

2) You can SERVE WITH A FRIEND! Because of our scheduled-session group format, you can sign up to serve with partners, family, friends. It's a great, cheap way to spend time together.

3) It's VALUABLE EXPERIENCE! Many volunteer tutors leverage their experience to change careers or supplement their income.

4) It's CLOSER THAN YOU THINK! The Phipps community centers are located right underneath the 2/5 train, at the same stop you'd use for the Bronx Zoo."

Members don't see this ad.

3) It's VALUABLE EXPERIENCE! Many volunteer tutors leverage their experience to change careers or supplement their income.
Hey, B, thanks for the heads up. I'm a little confused about the supplement income thing....volunteers getting paid? :confused:

sorry, to clarify, i think it is meant to say that you can use this experience to get paying tutoring jobs

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump.jpg

Hey, Bleargh, will this be going on too during the summer or just during the 'academic calendar'? Thanks.