Good Optometry Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

starlitetears

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To current OD's,
Are there any textbooks that you use regularly for reference in clinical practice (ex: Wlil's eye manual)? I'm an optometry student wondering if I should buy any textbooks for school that would be also be useful for the future. Thanks!
 
Amazon product ASIN 0750687789
This is a good textbook for a student as I felt it covered a lot from 1st-3rd year subjects in an easy, well-written level designed for the learning optometry student and has lots of pictures and diagrams (similar to a high school textbook). I checked it out at my library for 2 years. It's not a reference book like you're asking for though so I guess this is offtopic.

If you want a reference book, Wills Eye Manual are Mass Eye and Ear are usual go-to's.