Good or bad idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

typicalindian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With 4 months total before the mcat, would it be a good idea to do the 3 month schedule for content review then use the extra time to focus on practice tests and more practice problems to master things like PS which can be improved through practice?

Edit: also since I'm taking a pretty normal course load I see it as giving me time to study for exams when needed without worry of not finishing the schedule on time

Members don't see this ad.

I don't wanna give any advice until I get my score back but maybe this will help:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8PhzrmBgMI[/YOUTUBE]

*Probably won't help*

With 4 months total before the mcat, would it be a good idea to do the 3 month schedule for content review then use the extra time to focus on practice tests and more practice problems to master things like PS which can be improved through practice?

Edit: also since I'm taking a pretty normal course load I see it as giving me time to study for exams when needed without worry of not finishing the schedule on time

I think it's better to do some passages alongside your content review. It's easy to trick yourself into thinking you understand a concept if you just read through it without doing passages (or at least that was true from my experience). If you're worried about the time commitment involved, perhaps "just" do half the assigned passages for a given chapter with the review (e.g. all odd or all even numbered passages) and save the rest for the month before your MCAT?

Also, I would be very careful of burning out if you attempt to do all the full-lengths during the month before your MCAT date. It might be better to spread them out a bit more so that you're only doing one every weekend. It takes time to go through the questions and to analyze what you still need to focus on and re-review. Just my thoughts. Good luck!

Well I'm already on day 42 of the 3 month schedule and I have been doing the practice passages like I'm supposed to. I did however just change my test date which gave me a couple extra weeks etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm already on day 42 of the 3 month schedule and I have been doing the practice passages like I'm supposed to. I did however just change my test date which gave me a couple extra weeks etc

When you make mistakes in the passage questions, do you review / re-read the content OR mark it as a weak topic and move on?

I review the questions I got wrong during my break days. I'm also marking my weak topics so I can spend time working on those since I'll have extra time after content review