Good path book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dinesh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the Robbins, but I find it's pretty hard to get 'concise' information from the book, everything is so drawn out.

ANy suggestions for something a bit better? :(

Members don't see this ad.

dinesh said:
I got the Robbins, but I find it's pretty hard to get 'concise' information from the book, everything is so drawn out.

Have you tried BRS path?

Members don't see this ad :)
dinesh said:

Did you get Big Robbins or Baby Robbins? Baby Robbins is a lot easier to swallow. It's called "Robbins Basic Pathology" the Big Robbins is "Pathologic Basis of Disease." Try out the little one.

can't go wrong with any of the above.

I liked Path Secrets myself.

Path secrets?

Murs text book of path

First Aid for Step 1. :) It has all the highlights.

Nothing beats the Big Robbins in Pathology. I used it for both my classes and the exams (including the uinversity exams). The subject matter is too good and it shall not let you down ANYWHERE, be it exams or real life ! :thumbup:

sajjanshenoy said:
Nothing beats the Big Robbins in Pathology. I used it for both my classes and the exams (including the uinversity exams). The subject matter is too good and it shall not let you down ANYWHERE, be it exams or real life ! :thumbup:

robbins is the best, if you can give it the time.

Get the Pocket Companion to Robbins PBD (we call it "Baby Robbins" and the Basic Path one "Medium Robbins"). It's actually like the stuff you want from PBD in bullet form.

Goljan Rapid Review Path
Pathophys for Boards & Wards

try using underwood. it's less of a meal than robbins.

I stand by my last post....If you hate reading like I do, FA is the way to go... ;)

Thanks guys, I will give those books a check.
Now to go attack my pbl!

1. Goljan Rapid Review Pathology - will eventually replace BRS Path as the gold standard for board review

2. Goljan Stars Pathology

Baby Robbins and Rubins

I used big robbins as a reference and BRS Path a lot both for exams and shelf/step1. Also thought the path questions on Kaplan's QBank were helpful... wish I'd thought of it sooner than 2 months before shelf exam! :)