Good Pocket PC psych programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Littlemantate

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am gearing up for next year already and dusted off my pocket pc which got zero use this 4th year of electives. However I was wondering if there were any good psych programs? I searched and saw the DSM, Handbook of Psych Therapy (or something-by rosenbaum).

I was just wondering if there were any other ones that are really helpful in psych-like a good psych drug program or anything. Or liver interaction program etc. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Any palm-equivalent programs would be appreciated, too!

I can say that one gem I discovered is a FREE copy of the Merck Medicus, as well as some online journals, all from merck. It's a more indepth look at many (but certainly) not all topics, and it's been great for quickly reviewing a topic before getting pimped,er, rounding. Should work for both pocket pc and palms.

Link: http://www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hcp/hcp_mobile_medicus.jsp

There are many psych book on skyscape.com. I have most of them the one that I use the most are Oxford Hnadbook of Psychiatry and Manual of psychiatric therapeutics (Shader). I guess they are the best psych books suitable for Palm/Pocket PC.
As for drugs nothing can beat LexiComp...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey what is lexicomp? Sounds familiar but is it just psych or all drugs and stuff? Is it better than-I am drawing a blank but the most common one that everyone has-epocrates that is it

Hey what is lexicomp? Sounds familiar but is it just psych or all drugs and stuff? Is it better than-I am drawing a blank but the most common one that everyone has-epocrates that is it

my understanding is that it's similar to epocrates--it's for all drugs. Some people like it better partially b/c they claim it is not influenced by the drug companies.

epocrates is? Wow, I never knew that.

It's similar to Epocrates but much more comprehensive and you can find Canadian and Non FDA proved drugs. Which is an advantage for International physicians.

Oh, sorry, I was referring to the statement above which said that epocrates has been influenced somehow by the drug companies. I'd not realized that.

Bump?? I have had this program purchased for me for years by reps, and they almost always wish they could get me to use another program...the PDR program seems to be their fav....hmmm.

Yeah, I got a free year of epocrates from a drug rep. I forget which company, though I guess it doesn't matter. I didn't feel too bad using it, though. :oops: