Good Post-Bacc Schools for Dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABBU219

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some schools that offer great post-bacc program(high acceptance rate into 4 year program after completion of post-bacc)?

Members don't see this ad.

Temple Kornberg Post-bacc. Last year was the first year and there was 85% acceptance into a dental school (not only Temple). @ABUU219 I know I told you this haha, just posted to let others know :)

Reactions: 1 user
Temple Kornberg Post-bacc. Last year was the first year and there was 85% acceptance into a dental school (not only Temple). @ABUU219 I know I told you this haha, just posted to let others know :)
Haha heyy where did you hear about the 85% from?

Members don't see this ad :)
The director of the post-bacc told us and I also spoke with last year's students.

hi
i recently got an email about the postt bac program at temple
they asked for the application and the fee
could you plz tell me what my chances of getting in are if i do apply
some details about me
Bachelor's degree from university of calgary
cgpa: 3.45

hi
i recently got an email about the postt bac program at temple
they asked for the application and the fee
could you plz tell me what my chances of getting in are if i do apply
some details about me
Bachelor's degree from university of calgary
cgpa: 3.45
I think a lot of my classmates are in my range of GPA and DAT (in my signature). But they accept about half of the people with below a 20AA DAT and half above it. I don't know what your other stats are, but 3.45 cGPA is good enough to get in, mine was around there!

I think a lot of my classmates are in my range of GPA and DAT (in my signature). But they accept about half of the people with below a 20AA DAT and half above it. I don't know what your other stats are, but 3.45 cGPA is good enough to get in, mine was around there!
i have a 20AA on my canadian Dat
i already have quite a it of shadowing experience too

i forgot to ask in the earlier post but are you also in a post bac program currently
Those are good stats, you should be able to get an interview invite, but the real determination is the video interview. And yes I am in the Temple post-bacc program right now. There is a thread about it if you haven't seen it before.

Those are good stats, you should be able to get an interview invite, but the real determination is the video interview. And yes I am in the Temple post-bacc program right now. There is a thread about it if you haven't seen it before.
could you post the link for that thread?
how do you like program so far?
do you think it is worth going to?

could you post the link for that thread?
how do you like program so far?
do you think it is worth going to?
Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Post-Bac Program
Here is the official website: Post Baccalaureate Program | Temple University - Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry
I love it so far. We are learning so much dentistry before dental school. We will but wayyy ahead of the game when we start D1 than other students that have not taking this program. We are taking courses that will be covered in dental school so we are already introduced to the material. We also get clinical experience assisting 3rd and 4th year students in the clinics as well as oral surgery.
Yes, it is worth going although it is expensive, the experience will be worth it as you will be better dentists after graduation.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask! Unfortunately the deadline has passed for this cycle.

Hello! I want to apply for Temple's post bacc program and was wondering when is the right time to apply and if I have a chance at getting accepted. total GPA 3.0 and sGPA 3.0, AA19 PAT 25. Thanks!

Hello! I want to apply for Temple's post bacc program and was wondering when is the right time to apply and if I have a chance at getting accepted. total GPA 3.0 and sGPA 3.0, AA19 PAT 25. Thanks!
They should send you an email early 2019 so look for that email for that application. And yes there are people that got in with those stats before.

They should send you an email early 2019 so look for that email for that application. And yes there are people that got in with those stats before.

How do I get into contact with them letting them know I want to apply?

How do I get into contact with them letting them know I want to apply?
You don't, they send a mass email to everyone that didn't get an acceptance to Temple up to that date.

What is the interview process like? There is a in person interview then a recording interview?

It used to be just a recorded interview, but they changed the format and now I think they have a panel asking you questions but it is still recorded I believe, not sure exactly but interviews start early March.

Thank you for replying I just read the other thread containing all the other info. I have my interview scheduled for march 12th.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for replying I just read the other thread containing all the other info. I have my interview scheduled for march 12th.
Good luck! Reach out to me if you need anything.