Good Postbacc Classes to Take?

Started by Augustus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Augustus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not going into a formal post-bac program because I do not have the money, but I do plan on taking courses at my state school.

What kinds of courses should I be taking?

I'm just concerned because I've done my basics like Anatomy & Physiology and most of the courses offered are things like 300-level Virology. Do you think something like that bolsters my application?

And should I stick to any certain level? I'm guessing 100 & 200 level courses are out, but are 300 level courses legitimate or should I stick to just 400 level courses?
 
I don't think the level of the course matters. Take science courses that you can do well in and are interested in.
 
I've set up my schedule for next semester and I am taking

300-level Virology
300-level Genetics
400-level Advanced Head & Neck Anatomy
200-level Ecology
100-level Astronomy

Should I try to add or subtract anything from this group? The Eco & Astro I'm only taking to fill my schedule because I had a hard time filling it with upper level sciences and also because I'm trying to do well in all of the courses.