Good questions to ask during interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howui3

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since we have plenty of chances to ask question during the interview, just wanted to see what everybody asks.

You don't want to ask the very obvious questions since that shows that you have not done your research or even looked at the school's website.

In my interviews I usually ask about research opportunities, board scores, other volunteer programs (like going to Africa/S. Americato help), and the different clubs the school has. Oh, and about externships and specialties. Sometimes I ask about the clinics or how difficult/easy it is to get patients.

what do you guys ask about?

Members don't see this ad.

howui3 said:
Since we have plenty of chances to ask question during the interview, just wanted to see what everybody asks.

You don't want to ask the very obvious questions since that shows that you have not done your research or even looked at the school's website.

In my interviews I usually ask about research opportunities, board scores, other volunteer programs (like going to Africa/S. Americato help), and the different clubs the school has. Oh, and about externships and specialties. Sometimes I ask about the clinics or how difficult/easy it is to get patients.

what do you guys ask about?

I asked what the passing rate was. I was told that out of the current 160 people in the 3rd and 4th years classes, only 2 did not pass.