Good rad onc books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libaobao8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My TY program offers a $250 farewell book allowance that I need to spend before 5/31. Any recommendations on good rad onc books for a PGY2?

Members don't see this ad.

gunderson & tepper, 2006...most recent book to come out, very readable, a great choice. approx $250

khan - radiation physics bible $120
giaccia & hall- radbio bible $100

ajcc staging manual $30

other textbooks
leibel
perez approx $250+

chuck the bible. i rarely used it except for brachy and a couple of other sections. dont need perez; one compy in the library sufficies. choose leibel or G&T and get Hall. Get Stanton for physics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Stanton really enough for the boards? Do the questions on the in-service reflect the actual physics questions? I handled those fairly well. It's way readable, feels like it is written for RTs ...

G&T is fantastic, but a few chapters are hurting. None of the major texts are perfect, so maybe get two of three if you have the book money. No need to use your own lucre on more than one book.

-S

was for me along with the raphex but to be fair, Im sure I absorbed some from my physics lectures. So perhaps it depends on that too.