Good Read.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ResearchRetMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
great article...thanks for sharing.

Having failed at many things, including my initial application to medical school, I have found his observations to be correct. There are a lot of ways to deal with the failure we all will face...hopefully we don't fail to rescue our own lives, and relationships, as well as those of our patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing :)

great article...thanks for sharing.

Having failed at many things, including my initial application to medical school, I have found his observations to be correct. There are a lot of ways to deal with the failure we all will face...hopefully we don't fail to rescue our own lives, and relationships, as well as those of our patients.
My thoughts exactly. I am a re-applicant as well. Thought this was an inspiring well constructed article. Atul also has a couple of best sellers out there that really have a nice perspective on medicine and the issues it faces.

I love Gawande. Thanks!

Nice article. Good read. Thanks for sharing.

Great article, thanks for sharing. I for one would love to read the lyrics relating love to the decline of Marxism. That just sounds so ridiculous.

Atul gawande is the MAN. His books are inspiring as is this article.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

If you like his stuff, then read his book "Better." I think its a must-read for any future/practicing physician.
Read that book last year. Amazing to say the least. Just bought his best seller "Checklist Manifesto." :)