Good resource for well baby exam?

Started by DrSwede
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrSwede

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on my family medicine rotation as a 3rd year med student and this is the first time I'm seeing patients under 18 yo (except for a few with broken bones in the ER while on surgery rotation).

Anyways, I really don't know the age appropriate examination guidelines or techniques. Is there a good and succinct resource for this that I can get through quickly?

Thanks!
 
I'm on my family medicine rotation as a 3rd year med student and this is the first time I'm seeing patients under 18 yo (except for a few with broken bones in the ER while on surgery rotation).

Anyways, I really don't know the age appropriate examination guidelines or techniques. Is there a good and succinct resource for this that I can get through quickly?

Thanks!

Look for Bright Futures series. It's a collection of books and or pamphlets that are a good guide. I would also check out the AAP website.

Why aren't the senior residents on your rotation helping you out with this?
 
Why aren't the senior residents on your rotation helping you out with this?

They are to a certain extent, but I feel like there's bits and pieces of information I'm not getting about the patient in the interview of the parent or in the examination...and it's getting old saying "I didn't ask that or I didn't do that".

So I was looking for some material that I can use to perform a good baseline exam and then fill in the gaps as I go along.