Good sign???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I had my first interview today. It was really relaxed, and my interviewer told me I was an "exceptional" candidate. At the end of our 90 min. interview, he took me and personally introduced me to the dean of admissions, on another floor of the building. Also, this man has served on the admissions committee for 25+ years.

I got a good feeling, but what do you think?

Thanks!

Treg
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm... Doesn't sound like the interview went that well... ... ...

Originally posted by MDTom
Hmm... Doesn't sound like the interview went that well... ... ...

LMAO!!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up....

OK sorry we're being mean - that's really cool - you're a rock star!

Members don't see this ad :)
It is hard to tell.

One of my interviewers at Penn St. told me that he would love for someone like me to attend the school, but I now I am currently on their waitlist.

probably, it's a good sign. but your interviewer still has to 'sell' you to the rest of the committee, and they have to buy it. if they don't, you might get on hold, like ForensicPath did.

in any case, it means that your interviewer will definitely be rooting for you. way to go!

I wouldn't count on it. I had an interviewer give me pretty much the same treatment. He said I would be an outstanding doctor and was one of the greatest applicants he had ever interviewed, that I was perfect for the school, yada yada... this was in October and I am still waiting for any news. I called the school last week and all they could tell me is that "all applications are still under consideration." wtf??

But who knows, maybe you will luck out. :)

yeah, you really never know with this crapshoot process.......at one school, my faculty interviewer told me that I'd fit right in, while at another school, my interviewer looked at me like I was crazy half of the time.

I was accepted at both schools so, here's to craps :thumbup:

lol. My interviewer from MCW told me I was one of the best he had had in years. (I didn't think I did nearly that well) I was rejected 2 weeks later. Maybe it's because when asked by my other interviewer what would be my biggest problem if I got into MCW, I said I wasn't sure if I would like Milwaukee. My bad.

If they REALLY wanted you, the Dean would have accepted you right then and there on-the-spot... that's what happened to me. :D

I would say it means the interviewer liked you and probably gave you a good review, but it's still up to the admissions committee.

I had an interview where the interviewer ended the interview by saying something like "you shouldn't have any trouble getting in here," and I did end up getting accepted.

Good luck!

Originally posted by glj79
I would say it means the interviewer liked you and probably gave you a good review, but it's still up to the admissions committee.

I had an interview where the interviewer ended the interview by saying something like "you shouldn't have any trouble getting in here," and I did end up getting accepted.

Good luck!

So, your saying that even if you have a great interview, the committe still has a vote on wheter you get in or not.....ummmmm:mad:

Mann, so not fair at all....

From what I have heard in all my interviews thus far, the adcom has the final say on everything. Interviewers can just give you a nice boost or contribute to the big boot. Most interviews are just a part of the whole, messy, confusing, mysterious admissions process. Like one of my interviewers told me, "I am just here to make sure you aren't an axe murderer."

Was this at Tufts? If so, I got the same reply and was given a "delayed decision" there.

Originally posted by Treg
Hey,

I had my first interview today. It was really relaxed, and my interviewer told me I was an "exceptional" candidate. At the end of our 90 min. interview, he took me and personally introduced me to the dean of admissions, on another floor of the building. Also, this man has served on the admissions committee for 25+ years.

I got a good feeling, but what do you think?

Thanks!

Treg
:)

Hard to say. I had a similar experience at University of Rochester. My first interviewer said I was a really good applicant and that he hopes that I go here. The second interviewer said something similar and even took me on a tour of the ER and introduced me to the nurses and stuff, touting me as a future med student (I'm pretty sure he slipped the word "potential" in there somethere, but I can't recall :p ) I got waitlisted there. So who knows.