good sites for anesthesia rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any good sites/books for anesthesia rotation? I just want to get some basic points about iv/voltatile drugs, and some key points behind why/when certain agents are used.

Members don't see this ad.

bulldog said:
any good sites/books for anesthesia rotation? I just want to get some basic points about iv/voltatile drugs, and some key points behind why/when certain agents are used.

Hi Bulldog,

I really like this:
http://virtual-anaesthetic-textbook.com/
It reviews the basic sciences relevant for anesthesia, tells you about machines and monitors and also about the management of special patient groups.

You can check also
www.gasnet.org

Have fun in your rotation!

bulldog said:

Alot of my friends going into Anesthesia really like Anesthesia Secrets for a text. Personally, I've never read it but they really like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
bulldog said:

Oh, I just saw that you asked about books too.

I guess the standard that attendings recommend is Basics of Anesthesia, by Miller (this is the Baby Miller). But there hasn´t been a new edition in a while.
Clinical Anesthesiology (Lange Series) has a more recent edition, and many residents like it, but it looks like it is a bit longer than Baby Miller.
Many Residents also recommend Anesthesia Secrets, just like Hawk22 said. But if I remember correctly, it is a question and answer format, maybe not the best for a first overview.