Good source to get more practice on PAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am a Canadian who is planning to write the Canadian DAT soon, and I heard the PAT section in Canadian version is similiar to American's. Other than kaplan and Barron's prep books, what other sources do you guys use to practice the PAT? Thanks for the help!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Smooth Operater said:
Hey guys! I am a Canadian who is planning to write the Canadian DAT soon, and I heard the PAT section in Canadian version is similiar to American's. Other than kaplan and Barron's prep books, what other sources do you guys use to practice the PAT? Thanks for the help!! :thumbup:

www.acethedat.com. It is harder thanthe real thing but good practice none the less.

gabrielmeraz said:
www.acethedat.com. It is harder thanthe real thing but good practice none the less.
Damn, $49.95!!! for just one version.

How many questions will be on there?

Also, isn't the PAT one of those areas that you either know it or not... or is it simply pure practice?

Smooth Operater said:

Here are a couple more, a bit more tests for your money

A Science Review for the DAT, Lippincot, Williams, Wilkins, 2 PAT's, $15 used
www.topscorepro.com, 3 PATs, $46
Canadian company, iqpublications.com, a bit pricy, $26/PAT test

Have fun rotating!

Members don't see this ad :)
Try DAT Achiever. This is the only guide that has complete 3D answer explanations. Questions are harder than the actual DAT, but the tests serve as good practice tool. You may download a DEMO version from the website:

3tquest.com

The Candidate said:
How many questions will be on there?

Also, isn't the PAT one of those areas that you either know it or not... or is it simply pure practice?

There are plenty of questions on their site - more than Topscore. Yes, their product is riddled with problems, but it did scare me into really studying the PAT the developing some good strategies for conquering it. The secret to the PAT lies not with potions or spells but good ol' fashioned practice. It's like trying to ice skate - a first it is really difficult but through determination and practice you get pretty good. Kaplan and Topscore's PAT is much like hanging onto the rail which gives you a false sense of security (infact, the rule with Kaplan is you can dock three points off your Kaplan PAT score and that is what you'll end up with on the test day - it usually is true). Acethedat is the mean bully that kicks out into the open and there you'll find out how much you really know and what you need to work on. If you have the extra $ to spend then it is well worth it from the standpoint of PAT practice alone, despite some of the errors. You'll be spending a lot more than $50 during this application cycle, and if it helps you improve your score, and thus your level of competitiveness, then that is money well spent. Best of luck!