good ug gpa, low law school gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esqtomd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been practicing law for 3 years and am seriously considering applying to post-bacc programs in the NYC/LI area. I went to law school mainly as a fallback when I graduated with an English degree and no direction. I hated law school and did not apply myself. I enjoy practicing law, but feel unfulfilled.

I've reviewed a number of threads about lawyers going to med school. I also have done my research into the pre-reqs and post-bacc programs.

I have a 3.9+ gpa from college, where I majored in English. I took maybe 2 soft science courses and received an A or A- in them.

I have a 2.9+ gpa from law school.

I'm an excellent standardized test taker and did very well on the SAT and LSAT exams (99%+).

What I want to know is how will my lowish law school gpa impact my application to post-bacc programs and then med school programs?

I am pragmatic and cannot commit to this if that 2.9 gpa is going to kill my chances completely.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't think it would hurt, since you still have a ton of science pre-reqs to do that would seem ample opportunity to prove yourself.

It won't hurt. Typical students we consider for our MS program is anywhere from 2.75-3.0

I've been practicing law for 3 years and am seriously considering applying to post-bacc programs in the NYC/LI area. I went to law school mainly as a fallback when I graduated with an English degree and no direction. I hated law school and did not apply myself. I enjoy practicing law, but feel unfulfilled.

I've reviewed a number of threads about lawyers going to med school. I also have done my research into the pre-reqs and post-bacc programs.

I have a 3.9+ gpa from college, where I majored in English. I took maybe 2 soft science courses and received an A or A- in them.

I have a 2.9+ gpa from law school.

I'm an excellent standardized test taker and did very well on the SAT and LSAT exams (99%+).

What I want to know is how will my lowish law school gpa impact my application to post-bacc programs and then med school programs?

I am pragmatic and cannot commit to this if that 2.9 gpa is going to kill my chances completely.