good work experience for post bacs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onelov77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to All,

This is my first time posting! I would like to do post bac next year. During this yr that I am taking off from school I just wanted to know what kind of work experience is optimal. I currently work as a research assistant, but I need something on the side. I know that I could possibly be a pharmacy tech and get certified, but I wanted to know other options for possible part time work. Should I be geared more towards oportunities that would give me more experience with patients? What types of feasible pt work offer these benefits?

Members don't see this ad.

welcome to sdn!

what kind of education/job background do you have?

whatever part time work you do will really depend on the experience you have, and how strict your employers are in terms of experience level required. quite a few people on the board have been nurses aides, medical assistants, phlebotomists, waiters, waitresses, coffee jocks, etc... it really depends on your background, what kind of experience you want, and how important the money is to you. personally i have found my own work where i get to interact with patients the most rewarding-- but others may have enjoyed the research that they have done. to each his own.

g'luck!