Got a note from Baylor

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by spacecadet, Jul 20, 2001.

1. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

Looks like they have also given up on AMCAS. They want a copy of my printed application, my MCAT scores, and letters of recommendation. They have an online secondary, which baylor21 already posted the link to.

I'm so relieved because Baylor is my only AMCAS school and I figured it would take a year for them to find all five of my transcripts! I do think AMCAS should give me back my $150.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Pam

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

So if we already did that Baylor one, we think it went through OK even though we'd technically never been told to do it? Or had they e-mailed us before, giving us the link? If not, I'm betting those of on this forum make up a big % of the ones that are already done. :)

4. saffron

saffron Senior Member

hey spacecadet, did baylor send you an email about their new procedure? just wondering, because i checked the online app. yesterday, and it still said to wait before submitting. maybe you have a better source...??

5. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

saffron,

Here is the text of the message. I should have included it in the first place. Hope this helps.

"We have received your email address from AMCAS indicating you have expressed an interest in Baylor College of Medicine. Due to continuing problems with the AMCAS application process, we are asking you to follow the special procedures outlined below, to expedite the processing of your application.

Please send to: Baylor College of Medicine
    Office of Admissions
    One Baylor Plaza Rm. N104
    Houston, TX 77030
    Fax No. 713-798-5563

1. A copy of your printed AMCAS Application
    2. A copy of your MCAT score report
    3. Letters of Recommendation

THEN

Complete the Baylor Supplemental Application located at http://public.bcm.tmc.edu/admissions/bcm-mdadmission2.html and submit via the web.
    There is no Supplemental Application Fee.
    Once we have received all of these documents, we will begin reviewing your
    application. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Sincerely,

L. Leighton Hill, M.D.
    Professor of Pediatrics and
    Sr. Assoc. Dean for Admissions"

Pam