Got an email from a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m3f1st0h

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When you register for the MCAT, AAMC gives you the option to sign up to release your scores to the MCAT Recruiting Service.

MCAT Recruiting Service
Choosing to release your scores to the MCAT Recruiting Service provides the AAMC with permission to include your contact and MCAT exam score information in service reports.
This information is then requested and may be used in recruiting efforts by the following:
--- Accredited medical schools located in the U.S. and Canada
--- Schools of Osteopathic medicine
--- Schools of Podiatry
--- Schools of Veterinary Science
--- Scholarship programs of the U.S. government (including the U.S. military)
The AAMC will only release your information to M.D., D.O., D.P.M., and D.V.M. programs and related joint-degree programs that are accredited by nationally-recognized accrediting bodies, such as the LCME.

Don't read too much into them. I got more than a few MD/PhD letters from various state schools lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't read too much into them. I got more than a few MD/PhD letters from various state schools lol

This. Not to put you down or anything, but schools just want your money! When they send those emails they have no idea what the rest of your application looks like. So while you may be competitive, they don't know (and don't care) at that point.

It depends on the nature of the e-mail, but typically recruiting letters don't mean much. Put 2+2 together, are you competitive there? I know I'm NOT competitive for any MD/PhD programs, let alone standard MD programs.

Then again, I did get a million emails from Pods schools, so maybe there's something to it :p

Thanks for the replies. It's a good sign though at the very least-- that means my MCAT score is what they're looking for, right?

The email seems very personalized, so should I respond? (It's from my top choice school)

It's means you met some minimum threshold they have for that mass email. You need to remember that they know nothing else about you and your mcat alone will not get you into medical school.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Ok, thanks guys!

Last edited: