Got an interview at Target...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fusionstyle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for a Pharm Tech position last Thurs. Both the shift manager and pharmacy manager said I did really well in my interview, though I didn't know any generic/brand names she asked me, and have not got a call back since. There was one other person getting interviewed for the position as well. I really want this job, so should I call back to follow up? Should I just give up and move on? Or wait it out? Please.. I'm kinda worried at the moment as it is very difficult to find a pharm tech job around socal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. I think I will do just that. I called earlier today, but the pharm manager didn't work today. So, I'll call first thing in the morning tomorrow. I seriously hope I get this job.
 
I'm surprised you got asked brand/generic questions. Pharm Tech interviews are serious business now I suppose..


When I applied to Caremark a few years back they actually give you a test with brand/generic names, some calculations, and sample prescriptions for you to interpret. And you have to get a certain score, (I forgot what score) in order to be hired.
 
When I applied to Caremark a few years back they actually give you a test with brand/generic names, some calculations, and sample prescriptions for you to interpret. And you have to get a certain score, (I forgot what score) in order to be hired.

Walgreens does too. Sometimes a store may not have the time to fully train a newby to the profession and need someone who will be competent quickly. It's sad, but true.

Anyone with PedoBear as their avy has my support though. 👍
 
I actually got a test on brand/generic names, calcs, and prescriptions when I got an interview at CVS a year ago. I can do everything but the names just fine. However, the only problem was my availability then.

Also, thanks phathead. 🙂
 
UPDATE:

Sorry for double posting, but I just want anyone's thoughts on my current situation. I called the pharmacy manager last Friday to follow up; however, she said she was still doing interviews and would call me sometime this week but haven't got a call. I'm thinking of giving up, but my parents said I should call back again to follow up. Suggestions?
 
UPDATE:

Sorry for double posting, but I just want anyone's thoughts on my current situation. I called the pharmacy manager last Friday to follow up; however, she said she was still doing interviews and would call me sometime this week but haven't got a call. I'm thinking of giving up, but my parents said I should call back again to follow up. Suggestions?

Since this week isn't entirely over yet.. I would wait until Friday to call back. But yes, I would call back, at least you can find out if she has hired someone or not. Good luck!!
 
Since this week isn't entirely over yet.. I would wait until Friday to call back. But yes, I would call back, at least you can find out if she has hired someone or not. Good luck!!
Thanks SparkLy. I did call back and she wants to hire me, but looks like we have to wait for HR to sort out things. This process is taking way longer than I expected lol.