Got Interview last year, but nothing yet from this year??

bh88

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
:scared: I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else-- last year when i applied I had three interviews. This year, i only got 1/3 interviews of the schools that I got interviewed at last year. wtf? Is there anything i can do? Contact dean/director and inform them that i got one last year....? Does it even matter? i realllllly hope i get to interview at one of the schools again this yr...but i dont know....this process is so hard! i'm going to go walk around my lab looking for things to inject myself with. :scared:

jeg5q

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
A good question to ask yourself is what have you done in the past year between your two applications. I think a lot of schools keep your applications for several years, and if you don't change much and you didn't get an acceptance in a previous and nothing has changed on your application then the school really would have no reason for giving you an acceptance. Sorry that was long winded, but the basic premise is what have you changed, have you fixed any deficiencies that you had last year. PM me if you need any advice. I got in this year after trying last year, I can let you know what I think worked for me (if anyone can have any clue about any of this random process).

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
jeg5q, what did you do? i'm going to be doing some research (public health or internal med) while volunteering in clinics or hospitals.

jeg5q

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
yourmom25 said:
jeg5q, what did you do? i'm going to be doing some research (public health or internal med) while volunteering in clinics or hospitals.
That's pretty much what I did this year. I am doing research now to get my Master's in Anatomy and have been volunteering at the hospital across the street since July of last year. I also shadowed several physicians throughout the year. I think my lack of physician contact kept me on the waitlist last year. Best of luck with the research and volunteering.