Got into Rutgers postbac - questions...

Started by Amberite
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amberite

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I interviewed for a Post-Bac program at Rutgers, and got accepted. I start this fall. My advisor, who is a doctor, informed me that I only need to take about 30-35 credits worth of classes. My undergrad GPA is pretty low (2.86) and so I told her I wanted to take around 50 credits so that I can bring up my GPA as much as possible. She told me that I don't need it, and as long as I take those 35 credits and get a 4.0 in the postbac, that along with good LORs, good PS, and a good MCAT score, I would be showing a very positive upward swing from my undergrad years, and I should be a competitive candidate for a lot of medical schools.

I asked her if I can get into UMDNJ (an affiliate of Rutgers - they are almost the same school) with a 4.0 in the postbac, and a ~33 MCAT, and she told me very confidently that yes, I could.

How much should I believe what she's telling me?