Got my quarterly alumni magazine yesterday

Started by rph3664
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rph3664

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It has some pictures of new faculty (mostly adjunct associate professors, i.e. preceptors) and most of them looked like they had just graduated from high school. (I'm kidding; they were mostly people who had graduated from college in the past few years). I mentioned this on Facebook, and several other people said they had noticed the same thing.

At least these people appeared to be native English speakers; for a while there, that wasn't the case.

And one person commented that it's only going to be a matter of time before one of our classmates' kids shows up in that magazine. This year is 20 years for our class.

p.s. I wondered how many of them went into academia because it was the only way they were going to have a job. 🙁
 
These magazine/alumni envelopes haunt me every where I go. All they ask is donation >_> How do they find out my new address every year LOL ?
 
Several of my classmates are faculty at some nof the newer schools. I graduated in 2011

There was this one chick who graduated in 2011 from LIU and she happened to get a PGY1 residency at a hospital which is a APPE site for Touro. So one day during Grand Rounds, I'm presenting a case that was done at another hospital (not even the one that she is a resident at) and she has the nerve to put me on the spot with the hard questions (which I did get). I was giving her the evil eye the whole time, wanted to say "bitch we had Physics, Biology, and English 101 together, wtf is wrong with you". (I went to LIU for Pre-Pharm)