Got Sux?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notinkansas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw a movie last night that gave me a WTF moment. The premise was that group of kidnappers plotted to kidnap a couple's young child. There were 3 kidnappers, and they separated the family. The father was out of town, I didn't see how they got ahold of the kid (tuned in late)

In any case, the father was an anesthesiologist away at a conference. The female in the kidnapping gang was assigned to him. At one point, he got his handy dandy doctor bag, and pulled out a vial of sux and injected his kidnapper lady with it. He then pulled out a portable pulse oximeter to monitor her SpO2, injecting her with something else when it got down to about 72 (all the while talking to her about what it would feel like to die and what he might do if she didn't tell him where his child was being held)

Anyway, I'm sooooo glad to know that all anesthesiologists routinely carry sux and pulse oximeters around!

Members don't see this ad.

He then pulled out a portable pulse oximeter to monitor her SpO2, injecting her with something else when it got down to about 72

The actor went to a better residency than I. Have him teach me what to give after you paralyze with sux to slow or reverse the effects at 72% sat.