Gowns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Healer777

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a 4th year med student who is eager to help however possible during this pandemic. Some other students from my school and I are working on a project to help with the PPE shortage.

We want to make gowns that will provide effective protection to the physicians and nurses on the front lines. We found this template for making gowns out of polyethylene sheets: DIY Plastic PPE Gown

If anyone has time, can you please give us feedback on how useful these gowns would be in a COVID-19 ICU setting?

Thank you so much to everyone in critical care (and all areas of medicine), for all that you are doing during this time of crisis. I hope that you stay safe, and that our group of med students can play a small role in keeping you safe.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. I am a 4th year med student who is eager to help however possible during this pandemic. Some other students from my school and I are working on a project to help with the PPE shortage.

We want to make gowns that will provide effective protection to the physicians and nurses on the front lines. We found this template for making gowns out of polyethylene sheets: DIY Plastic PPE Gown

If anyone has time, can you please give us feedback on how useful these gowns would be in a COVID-19 ICU setting?

Thank you so much to everyone in critical care (and all areas of medicine), for all that you are doing during this time of crisis. I hope that you stay safe, and that our group of med students can play a small role in keeping you safe.
If they are impermeable to liquids, they are better than the more ubiquitous cloth gowns. We use similar gowns for burn patients in our unit. People complain because they aren’t “breathable” but they can suck it up.

Good luck on your project.